Care plans for WordPress from Kerri Marvel Services
Websites can be hacked. What would you do to get it back up? How do you keep your website safe from malware? What happens when you were logged in making changes but messed something up, and poof! Something goes wrong. How would you get your website up again? All these questions and more can be answered by having a Care Plan in place. See Care Plan options below.
Keeping your website safe
You’ve made a big investment in creating your website. Now you need to take care of it. Websites can’t just be created, and left to run indefinitely by themselves. Websites are very much like taking care of a house or your car. Both need maintenance. Care Plans give you peace of mind that in the event of a hack, or a mess-up, your website will be back up with a phone call to me.
Most website owners plan to run back-ups of their site, some actually do learn. But most people do not back up consistently enough. And then they get in trouble.
But there is more to it than having someone help you get a compromised website back into place. Did you know your website requires updates? Updates come out for WordPress’ core software periodically (ever month or two). Plus there are your plugins – these are small software applications that add functionality to your site. Every website is different, and may have a different group of plugins; all these need periodic updates as well. Updates, of various types, can easily occur weekly.
In addition to backing up your site, and storing them in a secure location, and keeping your site up-to-date, my Care Plan will run monthly maintenance for you. This includes elements such as: security scans (searches for malware), database optimization (keeps your website running smoothly), removal of spam (if applicable), and may include broken link scans and uptime monitoring.
All KMS Care Plans include an emailed monthly summary report.
For all packages: Easy monthly payments (cancel anytime) OR pay quarterly for a 10% savings (no refunds), or annually and receive 20% savings (no refunds).
Explanation of Care Plan Services
- Weekly updates to WordPress core, theme and plugin files – to ensure full functionality at all times, but the most important reason for this is if these files are not updated (pretty much immediately), your website becomes vulnerable to attack. If an update breaks something on your website, I will work to resolve the issue.
- Full Backups (Weekly or Daily) are stored offsite
- Weekly security scans keep watch on your site’s safety with malware scans
- Weekly database optimization keeps your website running fast and clean
- Removal of spam comments (if applicable) – also keeps your site running quickly
- Monthly reporting so you can be comfortable that I’m doing what I say to keep your site safe
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, Restoration of your site, performed by me – in an emergency (and I will contact your hosting company if needed)
Note that New client website launches all receive one FREE month of Superb Care Plan services for free to evaluate the service.
Additional Features included in Superior and Supreme Care Plans
- Broken Link Scan – pinpoints problems sitewide so broken links can be fixed
- Up-time monitoring – I’m notified and can investigate any prolonged or repeated instances, and take corrective action.
Some consider this one of the best features in the Superior/Supreme plans!
- The “Website Support” – This is support time each month that I can spend on your site, doing whatever you need, such as changes or updates to design, navigation, plug-ins, and content (text, images, galleries, slideshows, products, etc.). The Quarterly Plan allows for rollover of minutes within any given quarter. Extra time spent over your allotted minutes will be billed to you at my normal hourly rate.
Still have questions?
You will find more information in my Website Care Plan FAQs.
Think you want to Do-It-Yourself? Sure, you can, but it’s a lot of work and you may want to leave it to a professional who knows what they’re looking at. I wrote a blog post to give you an idea of what’s involved. Read Securing WordPress Websites for the DIY Person. I’ll still be here to help, although my hourly rates will apply.
Still wondering what’s in it for you? Have a look at my article, Why You Should Invest in a WordPress Care Plan.
While what I offer to you are just tools to keep your site safe, they are proven to be vastly effective. Note that I can’t guarantee this will keep your site malware or hack-free, but I do know these care plans will significantly lessen the odds that your site will be a victim of internet hacking. If your website does have issues, I can restore it from back-ups at no additional cost.