I create custom gorgeous WordPress mobile-responsive websites.
My specialty is building (or refreshing) affordable websites for small businesses. Every website designer/builder has their own system of how they go about designing, and for whom, and what prices to charge. I used to offer very, very low prices to small businesses because I have always felt every business should have a web presence, and wanted all my prospects to get one. Over time, I realized that no matter how little I charged, I was always giving my clients the same top-tier website elements, whether they paid for it or not, because I felt my list of elements were the minimum requirements all websites should have. And so, starting in 2018, I will always include the following elements:
All websites created by me WILL INCLUDE:
- Be built on the WordPress framework – My opinion is WordPress is simply the best – unlimited customization, reliable, great functionality (including YOUR ease of use, if desired)!
- Premium (child) theme put on top of the widely-popular Genesis (parent) theme – Genesis is the base, and the child theme is what creates the appearance.
- Since I have already paid for a developer’s batch of premium child themes for Genesis, I pass those savings on to you. Plus, since I work predominately with only this batch of themes from the same company, I have become an expert in using them and not having to ‘get to know’ new themes time after time (did you know there are hundreds of thousands of themes available?) (Of course, other WordPress themes are an option if you have one you already know you want)
- Built-in Mobile-Responsive software; that means they will look great on mobile phones, tablets, and laptops (automatically responds and resizes according to the device)
- Website can have 1 to 8 pages, including the Home page – Content is provided by you – I can refer you to copywriters if you need it.
- Up to 6 images will be prepped and optimized – I can supply up to 2 royalty-free stock images if needed. (of course more images can be included, for a charge to prep them)
- Website can have a sidebar and/or extended footer areas (these are generally known as widget areas) – You must tell me what information you want in them though!
- Contact form going to your email address
- Adding social media icons and setting up your links (creating the social media accounts is at an extra charge, if this step hasn’t been done yet)
- Customization for your needs (colors, images, specific functionality)
- Free SSL Certificate installation – For security (Must be hosting company compatible. Some hosts charge an annual fee.)
- Free Email creation (must be hosting company compatible)
- All standard plugins for extended basic functionality
- Favicon – this is the tiny icon or logo that shows on the tab next to your website name within browser windows [will be 1-3 alpha characters (like you or company initials) if an image is not provided by you]
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)-Friendly Software (easy to add SEO elements at any time)
- Google Analytics account set up so Google can start tracking statistics (whether you have time to check this right away or not)
- Business Coaching – Free – I can’t help myself. I will advise you on things like social media and search engine optimization.
- For the first month after launch, I will include a free month of my ‘Superb’ WordPress Care Plan – that’s right, I’m here for you afterwards with continued management of your site. Some plans include monthly website support.
These items would be extra – I can provide a quote for including any of these
- Photo Galleries
- Weather Box
- Social Media Account setup
- Matching Facebook cover
- SEO Page Titles and Description guidance (I can enter into your site if you provide during creation)
I am not in the hosting business, but I can help get you set up
You will need a domain name (URL) and a host provider (where your website files get stored on the web). I always recommend your domain registration and your hosting account be set up in your own name. I am not in the hosting (reseller) business; I have always felt it was cleaner and safer for clients to have direct access to the host company. If you don’t have one or the other, I can help you get these set up.
I recommend InMotionHosting for hosting and domain registration. I use them myself! Hosting generally costs $5 – 12/month; paying for multiple years saves money. Domain registration costs about $10/year for .com and .net extensions. I recommend paying the extra $10 for domain privacy. Please note: I have an affiliate link with IMH, because I truly recommend them. In the interest of full transparency, by clicking/purchasing through this link, I will receive a small compensation for the referral. Thank you in advance!
What does it cost?
My price range starts at $599 and goes up from there. A large robust site or eCommerce site starts at $2,400. I offer free quotes, often provided while talking to you on the phone about your individual needs. Don’t worry, you don’t pay all at once. I take a one-third deposit to get started. The second payment is due at roughly the middle, and the last payment when your site goes live/launches. All payments are due within 10 days of the emailed invoice.
The usual reasons why I create or work on websites for clients:
- You don’t have one
- You have one but want to change it over to WordPress
- You have WordPress but need to redesign it (it needs to be refreshed, your business has changed)
The website creation process works like this:
- We talk about what you need and expect the site to do. What is the purpose of the website? It helps (a lot) if you have already reviewed my website questionnaire. In fact we can have an initial talk without questionnaire answers but I will need you to have filled it out eventually. It contains the comprehensive information I will need to prepare a extensive quote for you. Often, I can give you at least a ballpark figure while talking on our first phone call.
- The next step is I prepare the quote, and email it to you, along with my contract. If all is a go, I collect the deposit (one-third) and you start working on collecting content (images, text for the website pages, etc). I accept cash, checks and credit cards. [The second payment is due when I have you review the site for fine tuning. The last payment is needed to go live/launch. Payment is required within 10 days after issue of emailed invoices.]
- The next step is I design the site on a mock setup (not live on the web). I will have you review at certain points to be sure I’m on track.
- The next step is to have you fully review the site and I’ll fine-tune pages, posts, images, etc. Hosting should be set up at this point if it isn’t already.
- The next step is the website goes LIVE on the web. Final testing is done. Final payment is collected.
- The last step is your site will be set up for one month on my ‘Superb’ Website Care Plan. At the end of the month, I will provide a full report of everything the Care Plan did for you. You will have had this free month to evaluate whether you’d like to continue the service.
For ongoing work and maintenance, I bill at my hourly rate, which is $55/hour.
Ready for the next step?
Open my website questionnaire to review what kind of information I will need to prepare a detailed quotation for you.
Alternatively you may use the form below.