I am a Virtual Assistant, and I can help! Entrepreneurs have a lot to do every single day just running their business; most have a hard time finding balance between work and their home life. I know, because I used to own a catering/personal chef business, that eventually turned into a bricks-and-mortar restaurant. I barely had time to get everything done on a day-to-day basis (ordering food, dealing with employees, serving customers, doing payroll/accounting/taxes, designing menus, working with other local businesses on marketing ways to get more traffic into the area, the list goes on!). So I know it can be very difficult getting all the tasks on that To-Do list done every day, let alone having time to spend any quality time with your families. But I can provide help; at least with the computer side of things! I tend to specialize in the marketing aspect of small local businesses; it was actually a favorite part of running MY business!
Virtual Assistants in general have many and varied skills, some VAs become specialists for particular markets (like real estate). But I have found that the most common help most businesses need (and can’t find the time for, or have the know-how) is either get a website up and running, or to refresh the look of their current site, including making it easier to view on mobile devices (mobile-responsive). Second of the this list that small businesses need is for someone to handle email and newsletter campaigns. Below are the most common tasks I help my clients with:
- Quarterly Backup of your site, update softwares, malware scan, clean out of spam comments. (WordPress only)
- Email Marketing Campaigns – I can set up for collection of emails if you don’t already (usually via a signup form on your website), and help design marketing offers (typically a weekly or monthly newsletter). For the newsletter or ezine itself, I can set up a program; weekly, monthly, or quarterly, then you supply me with promotions and content and images (or I can do all of this for you), then create the newsletter or e-zine, and send it out to your email list. There are a number of very affordable cloud-based softwares designed for this. I work with many of these; such as ConstantContact, GetResponse, iContact, and MailChimp. Most cost $10-15/month to get started, one is even free to use as a small account. Most of these have good AutoResponder systems. If you are selling something, the 1ShoppingCart has a great AutoResponder system built in. I can also recommend a shopping cart called WooCommerce; it was built to work on WordPress!
- Blog Entries – send me your basic article; I’ll copy-edit it and post it for you – it can also go straight to your Facebook page! I can do more than just copy edit it for you; you may need more filler, images, or research, just let me know!
- Social Media – For example, I can do your business page facebook postings for you. If you don’t have any social media set up yet, I can set them up for you.
- Data Entry & Word Processing – Catalogs, Manuals, Reports, Presentation Materials, Menus, Spreadsheets, Databases, Customer lists
- Copy Editing
- Meeting & Event Planning – Conferences, Travel Arrangements, Teleseminars and Webinars
- Other – Internet Research, Photo Scanning
- Websites – New, Modifications or Maintenance, on-page SEO – please visit my Websites page for information and pricing
I mostly work with my clients on the above-listed items: projects they either don’t know how to do, or just plain old don’t have the time to do. But there is a host of other types of projects I can help you with. Click here to open a pdf file called VA Assessment. Reading through this 3-page document helps clients figure out what should likely be delegated to someone like me.
I offer a free 20-minute consultation by phone to hear about the project you have in mind, and how I can help. After 20 minutes, I bill at $24/hour for either phone help or work done for you online. If you prefer, contact me via my form on the contact page; this method is free!
All completed work is invoiced via email at the end of the project. On-going work may be billed bi-monthly or quarterly. Deposits are sometimes required for larger projects. Cash, checks and all credit cards are accepted.